Friday, October 27, 2006

The House Hunt... (Part I)

The House Hunt... (Part I)

I had been sharing a house with this friend of mine for the past 1 Year and 3 Months when last Saturday he woke me up at 10 in the morning:- "Get up you lazy bum" he shouted. I baulked at his intrusion, Gosh! it was a Saturday, a day to relax; He poured water over my head, water chilled to the core. I got up, frustrated and started looking for something I could hit him with.

I : "What da Fuck man? WHY?"
He : "eH! We have to look for a new house."
I : "The owner got to know about his daughter??? Shit! Man."
He : "No, he has not... Yet!"
I : "eH, The Credit Card people came calling?"
He : "No.. They do not have this Address."
I : "Your Second girl friend got to know about your first and fifth?"
He : "No, But yourz did.."
I : "Shit! No issues. But what is the problem man? No, don't tell me. You are not moving out, are you?"
He : "No. But you are."
I : "I! But Why?"

Seems like his folks were moving in and I was being thrown out. So that left me with less than a week to look for a house, A house in Bangalore for a Bachelor who wanted to stay alone and not share a room/house with anyone (ok, maybe a sweet damsel who might read this can inquire). And thus began the journey of my ordeal. The first thing I did was to go online, and check out the forum of mah company... Just incase there was some Ad out there... Here is what I came across (Un-Edited)

"This is a moderately furnished one independent room, part of a big house. Readily available. Very good accessibility and very nice location with all the amenities in the vicinity. Welcome for a calm and quite person who would not cause headache for an old couple. Ideal for a lonely bachelor. Rent can be arbitrated and settled after seeing the location. Thank you. Contact : Veerabhadrappa (you can refer my name : gireesh)"

Man, this guy knew what he was looking for. "A Lonely Bachelor" eh? And the only restriction was that he should not cause a headache... all other kinds of aches permissible, or maybe even invited... he he. And the icing on the cake... The name of the advertiser. Man it was hilarious then but maybe I should have given this one a try. But then again, I did not fit the bill. So I checked out the next one...

"It is a 1 BHK House big enough to accomodate 3 person. I am lookin for 2 people to share the flat with me. It has a large bedrrom (big enough for 5 ppl), a large hall, 1 kitchen, 1 toilet and a terrace. I am paying Rs. 6600. The advance is yet to b paid since I shifted here only for a week. This place is for immediate acomodation. It is just 5 minutes from the Indiranagar CMH road Company bus stop. Its in a very centralized location."

Now the irony here was that the House was big enough for 3 people but the Bed Room was big enough for 5. I know, I know what you must be thinking. Yes I was thinking the same. How many people was the toilet big enough for? And what about the guy, could he be trusted? Man he moved in only for a week and he was already contemplating about overstaying. The location was centralized as well. I know about central locations but centralized? Maybe he was referring to the Air Conditioning.

Anyways, guess this was not going to be of much use. So I started looking for other Avenues...

To Be continued...

Labels: ,

10 Views:

Blogger anacreon believes...

Remember me ????

Mon Oct 30, 02:18:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Peace. believes...

So wat up wid it nw?/ new house or wat?

Fri Nov 10, 11:53:00 AM 2006  
Blogger Rahul believes...

whoa ! bud

Tue Nov 21, 12:13:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Unknown believes...

well your house search seems to be moving very interesting.. so wat the cene now..? well i guess u need to find a room jst above a bar so that you keep drinking from the tank directly and mix water in it for the rest.. Suits you perfectly..:)

Tue Nov 21, 05:22:00 PM 2006  
Blogger unforgiven believes...

I am so sure this comment won't get approved, but, dude, where the 'fuck' did you dissappear to?

If nothing else, the least you could've done is given my roommate his keys back. I understand I made a complete ass out of myself but that doesn't mean that you wouldn't pick up "his" calls?


Geez.

Thu Nov 23, 05:58:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Cruel Intentions believes...

@Anaceron
Yeah, I Remember you, all too well. All I need to do is look up and woah! you are there.

@Abhi
Yeah Mate, New house. Will publish the details soon.

@Jai
And you should come here to find out what I have got myself ;-)

@Unforgiven
You have your comment here and you have the reply elsewhere

Fri Nov 24, 03:59:00 AM 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous believes...

Hello

I was looking for ways that would help me get free traffic to my Blog. While I was searching on Blogger I found your Blog. I know it does not have to do with getting traffic but I really enjoyed reading it, great job!! In fact I have my own Blog and I get a lot of free traffic from http://www.autosurfmonster.com , If I were you I would submit this Blog to them so thousands of others can see it for free. Well, I will add your Blog to my favorites and I look forward to all the updates.

Jessica

Thu Dec 07, 06:16:00 AM 2006  
Blogger Cruel Intentions believes...

@Jessica

Why do I have this feeling that you sound so like a Bot... ;=)

Fri Dec 08, 09:59:00 AM 2006  
Blogger BlackThorn believes...

Mr Roark, i wanted to comment on ur post, but by the time i saw ur reply to jessica's comment, i bursted out with laughtr, aftr which i forgot what thoughts/comments i had in my mind abt ur post! :( so srry!

Sun Feb 04, 09:53:00 AM 2007  
Blogger Cruel Intentions believes...

@i7

Well I am glad that atleat my comment, if not the post, made you laugh. Keep Reading...

Mon Feb 05, 01:48:00 AM 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home