Monday, April 24, 2006

And He Left Me...

And He Left Me...

I slept soundly and so did he… I was woken by a sharp, shrill ringing… Like needles piercing your ears… Only to be told, he would never wake up, ever again. And that shrill ring tone has been embedded in my memory like a dagger in my heart. I was numb, could not think, everything just went silent. And in that silence I could hear screams, heartrending screams but only I could hear them. They were my own. I did not even pick up the phone the next time Dad called me to ask if I was ok. Ok? If I was ok?? How could I Be??? No I was not ok. I am not ok. I cannot be.

But I could not do anything, nothing. The man who had nurtured me like his son, just like a Gardner lovingly looks after a sapling, was not there anymore, and all I could do was.. cry… I did not even have the chance to see him for the last time… It was so sudden that before I could bat an eyelid, my life as I knew it had changed, forever. I booked my tickets to fly back home as soon as I could, told my boss “I am out of office indefinitely, don ask me why for I cannot answer.” By the time I dressed to leave for home, another shrill ring of the cell shattered the wailing silence of my house. I was scared to pick it up this time. I did, it was Dad again. He told me to cancel my tickets, for even the mortal remains of the man I had loved more than me were there no more. Burnt in a wild consuming fire, all that was left was… ASH.

I still can’t come to terms with the truth of the situation, My Grand-Dad, who taught me how to live, is not alive anymore. The one who made me learn 5 of the 8 languages that I know won’t ever speak to me in any one of them. He who made me feel and not just understand poetry, won’t ever again read out a poem for me. I have lost not just a grand-father but my guide to life. I love you daddy, I love you a lot. And this small piece is a farewell to you… To let the world know, that it can never know, how much I loved you, How Much I Still Love You

Your Son…
Your Grand-Son

Labels: , ,

9 Views:

Blogger DK believes...

Death is one truth we all no is imminent, yet when it occurs within one's clique it seems impossible to come to terms with.
Esp if it brings with it a vacuum of loss. Its a feeling less describable and less ordinary.

Tue Apr 25, 02:48:00 AM 2006  
Blogger 30.45 N,76.48 E believes...

tc tiger....the inevitability of life... and i am sure you know them best now...
My humble condolences, as I grieve the loss....

Tue Apr 25, 07:57:00 AM 2006  
Blogger Nutan Singh believes...

I'm so sorry. When did it happen?

Wed Apr 26, 01:26:00 AM 2006  
Blogger Cruel Intentions believes...

Sorry Guys For Replying Even After Readin Em But...

@DK
Why The Hell Are You Always So Right??? Thanks For Reminding Me About Something I Had Forgotten.

@30.45 n,76.48 e
Thanks For Calling Dude. Guess, Needed To Hear Your Voice.

@Nutan
Sunday. And Please Keep Me Distracted

Wed Apr 26, 02:09:00 AM 2006  
Blogger Nutan Singh believes...

Distrated? How?

Wed Apr 26, 06:42:00 AM 2006  
Blogger Cruel Intentions believes...

@Nutan

Dunno, Thats all that came to mah mind. Couldn't think of anything more intelligent to say so...

Wed Apr 26, 06:46:00 AM 2006  
Blogger unforgiven believes...

Wait, before I put in a comment, did your Dad or Grandad recently die?


Or were you just doing abstract writing? I apologise for the question but sometimes..

Wed Apr 26, 11:00:00 AM 2006  
Blogger Cruel Intentions believes...

@Unforgiven

It's ok Unforgiven. Maybe I should have not put this one up like this but then what the heck... You have taught me something. It's my blog afterall... and not some place where to put things which people might love to read. And I guess he Deserved this.

Thanks mate... and don ask me why the thanks.

He was mah Grandpa

Thu Apr 27, 06:16:00 AM 2006  
Blogger Preethi believes...

Oh boy! Fire!!!
Poor him.. I just cant think of the situation!! Really very sorry for you!!!

Mon Jun 12, 10:13:00 AM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home