Thursday, December 01, 2005

A Night on The Roof Top

5 years ago, I met my best friend (I did not know then that he would be the one I would call my closest friend), Aman. One night we were sitting on the roof of his aprtment, 5 floors above ground level. The night was cold and clear (Means no pollution). Bright stars were peeking at us from the dark canopy of clouds. A chilly november breeze was slashing at my face and I loved the sensation of that cold which I could feel, deep till my bones. I loved that moment and I wish I could go back to it right now. As we sat there sipping on our "screw drivers", we discussed life,

Life, interesting word. Wonder why I keep on coming back to it, can't seem get it out of my mind, but then again, it's everything, isn't it? Ever wonder why we are born? What is it that we are supposed to do? And what is it that drives us to live the life that we have been so generously granted by the Almighty (or so believe the believers). You are born, you live, you die, the circle continues, one goes, 2 more come, and the population keeps on increasing, but who cares? We are all, in the words of Floyd, "just another brick in the wall". The point I am trying to raise here is not that I am some big philosopher or something like that, it is that what should be the ultimate aim of a person in life? Should it be to make it big in life (then what about those who succeed in becoming nothing at all), or should it be to just live it as it comes at the whims of those who do make it big.

And this was the essence of our conversation. Now, 5 years later, we both will once again have the chance to dwell upon our lives and try to understand where we went wrong? (Or did we?)