Wednesday, November 30, 2005

The Meaning Of Life

Deep in our soul a quiet amber,
Knows its you against you,
It’s the paradox that drives us on.........


As I read these lines off the screen, I could hear them being shouted out aloud at me by my own self. The message was clear and yet blurred. I wanted to deny the very truth that deep down inside me, my soul knew. I looked around me and numerous thoughts besieged me. The people working around me were some of the very best in their fields, paid enormous amounts to make the life of millions easy. . . and I was, I am, one of them. But I know, it is not against them that I compete, it’s my own self that I need to out perform.

Long back I had come to realize that in this world, everyone is for him/her self, and people would do anything to get the better of you, to take the opportunities which should have been rightfully yours, to reap the benefits of the work you had put in, and at that point I chose to become the same. But there comes a time when there is no one left to compete with, to take advantage of, just for the simple reason that maybe you are not good enough to compete with anyone or for the fact that you have gone way too far and are standing at the summit of the highest peak in the world. Now what?

So now you search within your own self and find something that you know you can better and that is, I believe, the way to move on and succeed in life.